Sunday, January 20, 2008

Growing and Growing

Our opening weekend for Hell's Belles feels like a nice start. We had delightful audiences with a different vibe each night. Saturday's matinee was a very intellectual crowd - they got all the literary and highbrow jokes - while the Friday and Saturday evening shows were wonderfully raucous. Some audiences have cheered for us Belles the moment we take the stage, and that always sets such a cool tone. We come out as "showghouls" and then transform into various historical "wicked women" throughout the evening. Each character has a story to tell and a song to sing. It's a lot of fun.

The crowds have also been lovely after the show, and I've had definite shout-outs for me and my alter egos, "Janis" and "Judy." Everyone asks how hard is it to make my quick changes (especially my many changes into Lady Godiva), and I tell them it's like running a marathon: fast and fun and exhilirating!

We have one more week of performances - Wednesday through Sunday - and it'll be fun to see how this journey continues to roll along. Hope you can join the fun!

No comments: