Monday, January 22, 2007

"I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends."

I feel like Ringo today, though, gods help me, my brother would cringe with that comment. He is a consummate drummer, and while he does give props to Ringo for some interesting playing, ask Sean about any Beatles album and he can list off who the actual studio drummer was. That boy knows his craft!

Which brings me to today's blog: knowing my craft and knowing that I owe so much to my friends and family who have been there for/with me on this wild acting ride. There's my Cali family, whom I just saw a few weeks ago, and boy do I miss them! And then there's my East Coast crew:

There are my friends, Carl and Michael and Ataman. It's said that in NY your friends become your family and this is especially true of my three amigos. :)






There's also my friend, Tina, who is an entrepreneur in the herb world. She started her own magazine over 5 years ago, The Essential Herbal, and I have learned so much from her! A business is a business, and show business is really no different from any other. We all have to perform in some way, shape or form, and we all need to invest and research and challenge ourselves to grow so that our products and crafts grow.

And I would be nowhere without my guy, Rob. He's my best friend, the love of my life, and a true partner in every sense of the word. Since I met him as a fellow actor, he certainly knows the ups and downs of this ride, and he's been with me every step of the way. He left the biz and went into graphic design and marketing, and LOVES it! The cool thing is that I've learned from his lessons as a bigtime marketing director, and it's helped me to see my job as an actor in a much clearer way.

I love that! I love that we all can learn from each other as we share this wild ride together. It makes it that much more fun!



No comments: