Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!
One of my dear friends, Tina from The Essential Herbal, and I tend to celebrate the New Year by saying, "This is our year," and indeed this has become a wonderful affirmation.

2006 was full of leaps and bounds! It started with two short films: Laundry, which put my hair through the Bride of Frankenstein test, and Divine Intervention, which allowed me to play the Goddess Aphrodite (post-op plastic surgery). Both were fun films that gave me the opportunity to work with great people.

And speaking of... I had the pleasure of working with the fabulous VP Boyle in his Musical Theatre Forum. What an incredible workshop! I cannot recommend it or VP enough!


I was inspired to write my own one woman show, based on that journey, and the result was Love in 35 Minutes, an homage to the search for love via musical theatre with everything from Irving Berlin to Charlie Smalls. It was a successful show and I played to sold-out audiences Off Off Broadway.


Zooming off from Love in 35, I landed the title role of Sister Smile in the New York Musical Theatre Festival's production of The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun. It was a dream-come-true, working with some of the best people in the industry, and I was honored with NYMF's Outstanding Individual Performance Award of Excellence.

Now with 2007 kicking off, I have some fun projects cookin. I started with a callback for a leading role in the short film, "The Winter Father," and I'll be bouncing into VP's Pop/Rock workshop this Friday. I'm really looking forward to a bright and bubbly New Year.




No comments: