Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hell's Belles Opening Night

Hell's Belles had a lovely opening Off Broadway last Saturday Oct. 24. The show is about infamous women in a nightclub "in hell." 3 actresses, myself included, play 20 characters, so it's a lot of quick changes!


The audience was filled with fabulous people, many of whom stayed afterwards to regale us with praise.


I play Judy Garland and Janis Joplin, and it's always such a thrill to hear audience members call out afterwards, "Hey JANIS!" or "It's JUDY!!!!!"


I heard from many folks who'd actually seen Judy Garland LIVE in concert, and it was such an honor to hear that my embodiment of her in "Hell's Belles" was spot on for all of these folks.


I'm out of town this Halloween weekend, but I'll be back with the Belles on Saturday Nov. 7th.

The show runs Saturdays at 2 and 5:30 PM and Sundays at 3 PM. Hope to see you there!

No comments: