Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Recording "Roberta"

This week I go into rehearsals for the international recording of  Jerome Kern's "Roberta." This project is quite special, as it's being done as a radio play with a focus on the authentic sounds of the 1930s.


The European cast recorded in Dublin. Below Larry Moore, our fabulous factotum, with Diana Montague as Madame Roberta. :)


Larry and I worked together years ago on the NYMF production of "The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun." He's such a doll and shared some of the pix from the Dublin recording.

Below is Annalene Beechey, who played Roberta's assistant, Stephanie (and Russian princess in disguise!). She sings the famous number, "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes."


I'm with the American cast, who start recording next week. I play Sophie Teale, a "devastating" debutante who makes the all-American football hero, John, suffer quite a bit. She reminds me of a mix of Scarlet O'Hara, Veruca Salt, and my character, Barbara, from "Johnny On a Spot."


Great fun to dive into this devious debutante! ;)

No comments: