Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Janis and Judy

I've been involved with the musical, Hell's Belles, for quite a few years now, and it's a treat to see how audiences respond to the piece. 3 women play a total of 21 infamous women, performing in a cabaret in "hell," led by a devilish master of ceremonies named Lester.

I've played Salome, Eva Braun, Lizzie Borden, Queen Guenevere, Alice B. Toklas, Joan Crawford, Lady Godiva, Janis Joplin, and Judy Garland.


Of all these, it never ceases to amaze me how audiences fall in love Janis and Judy. One gent last week told me he had gone to college with Janis, so she was his favorite. Another fellow told me I took him through Judy's entire career with one song! It's incredibly cool, and I feel fortunate to play homage to such fabulous women!


"Let's sing 'em all!"


No comments: