Sunday, February 10, 2013

Character Voices

Today I had the immense pleasure of working with composer Andy Monroe on a demo recording of a new musical. Andy and I met several years ago when I was cast as the lead in The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun. The show won several awards at the NY Musical Theatre Festival (NYMF), including Outstanding Individual Performance for me. :)


Today I got to play Bawbwa Wawa (thank you, Gilda Radner!), Diana Ross, a teenage girl, and a young boy's mother. It was a BLAST!


Next up, I'll be taking an SNL writing class with Ali Farahnakian, whom Tina Fey mentioned as a mentor. My last round of performing in Hell's Belles had various folks saying to me, "You should be on SNL!" Writing and fine-tuning my comic chops is a good step.

Musically, I'm working on a cabaret with my Singing Nun co-star Tracey Gilbert. Woo! So I have a lot of fun projects in the works!



No comments: