Thursday, June 21, 2012

JAWS and More!

My friend, Tina, asked me yesterday if I've had a chance to kick up my feet lately, and I had to laugh. If anything, I've accelerated!

I'm doing industry readings of Hell's Belles, in which I play Judy Garland and Janis Joplin. I'm working with the fabulous Paul Russell, doing an agent showcase on Monday. And I'm in getting ready to perform JAWS the Musical at the Broadway Comedy Club.


(JAWS cast: Clare Cooper, Jason Salmon, Suzanne Stein, John Flynn,
Laura Daniel, Brett Douglas, and Wayne Henry)

JAWS the Musical is 40 minute pop rock funfest that seems to have a following. It ran a few years ago at the Strawberry One Act Festival, and won Best Show. It's loosely based on the film/novel about the famous shark who terrorizes Amity Island and the 3 men who try to catch him. I play the girl the shark falls in love with.


Our first show in NJ was a hit! We sold out and won lotsa laughs. The crowd went wild during my power ballad in which I sing some Patti Labelle-like riffs. VERY fun!

Now we take Manhattan! We're playing in NY at The Broadway Comedy Club Fridays July 6 and 13 at 6:30 PM, Saturday July 7 at 6 PM, and Sunday July 15 at 3 PM.

Tickets are $10 and reservations can be made via JawsTickets@gmail.com.

No comments: