Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Play's The Thing

This has been a fun week. I've had 2 auditions for 2 Off Broadway shows. On Monday I played a feisty bookkeeper who survived the holocaust, and yesterday I played a hysterical sleep-deprived mother. Both characters relied on their sense of humor to get through the day - or scenes, as it were - as was apparent in the text, so it was great fun to take them on.


Next up: I'm prepping for an audition for "August Osage County," and I'm working on music for musical auditions next week.

I love my job. I love the research that goes into getting ready for a role, I love the rehearsal and prep work. Even if it's just for 2 minutes a day at an audition, it's still a great chance to do what I love to do. And I know from past experience that auditions lead to gigs, so it's all part of nurturing my career.

No comments: