Monday, November 30, 2009

The Gift of a Performance

My honey and I were watching some old Ed Sullivan clips last night, and I swear it was like traveling back in time. There were the Beach Boys, The Doors, and Sly and the Family Stone. These were bands my parents grew up with, and then my brother and I discovered them. That had to make my parents laugh, hearing us groove to tunes they'd rocked out to as kids.

My friend, Tina, blew my mind by telling me she'd actually SEEN Sly and the Family Stone live, as well as The Grateful Dead, Arlo Guthrie (whom I don't know, but you can bet I'll check him out!), James Taylor and Carol King. Can you imagine seeing all these people perform live? I'm still simmering from the performances I got to see on PBS last night!

And this whole thing has reminded me of how incredible art and music is, how it moves us and inspires us and pulsates with this great sense of sharing. Generations can be bridged! It's too cool. And it inspires me to press on, to find my freedom and expansion and joy in my art.

I tell ya, watching Sly and the Family Stone rock out with such unbridled jubilation... it made me want to go there and Dance to the Music! :)

Follow your bliss! Groove with your muse!

No comments: