Friday, March 06, 2009

Return of the Blue Coyotes and The Essential Herbal Blog Contest

Two subjects today. :)

First of all, if you're looking for some interesting downtown theatre in New York, check out the Blue Coyote Theatre Company. My friend, Tracey Gilbert, who was my co-star in The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun, is a member of the company, and I must say, it's always a pleasure to support this innovative group.

Their latest production is Conversations on Russian Literature Plus Three More Plays by David Johnston. Really interesting stuff. Tracey performs in a delightful piece called Mothra is Waiting, about two over-the-hill chanteuses, one of whom is sure that a fictional Japanese monster will rescue them from their dreary lives. Tracey is electrically funny and a joy to watch. I love seeing her work and it's even better getting to work with her! :)

Conversations runs through this weekend only, so if you can, catch it!

My other "nod" is to my friend, Tina, of The Essential Herbal, who's having a Blog Contest. 10 blogs are involved, and you can enter to win simply by posting a comment on one or all ten of the blogs.

I had written for one of Tina's "companion books" The Fairy Home Companion, and the prize for this blog contest are fairyland cookie cutters! Really cute!

I love this "contest" simply because it's a great way to see other blogs that are out there, focused on nature's elements, and the sense of community that is built from promoting these small businesses.

No comments: