Thursday, September 18, 2008

A giant leap!

There's a story my Dad passed onto me, and where he heard it from, I can't recall, but it's a good one and I have to share it with you:

There's a frog who's hopping along and falls down a hole. He ribbets and calls out to other frogs who come to look down at him. They shout at him, but he can't hear what they're saying, so he takes it as encouragement and starts hopping, aiming to jump out of the hole. The other frogs get more and more emphatic with each jump he attempts, and it spurs the little frog to keep leaping towards his goal until he finally bounds out into the open.

When he gets to the top, the other frogs say to him, "We can't believe you did it. We kept telling you to stop!"

"Stop?" the little frog says. "I thought you were telling me to HOP... to keep trying... so I did!"

And I love this story, because it teaches that we are the power in our world. We can leap beyond all limitations! We just have to keep trying and look beyond 'em. :)

In my life, I'm actually blessed with an abundance of cheerleaders, and I am so thankful for the ease of communication that makes this possible. Whether it's daily phone calls from my sweetheart, Rob, as either of us bounce about Manhattan, or weekly talks with my little bro, Sean (imaging him in the bright sunshine of CA), or daily IM's with Tina, thinking of her in the wild woods of PA, or IMing with my Big Apple soul-sibling, Carl, I am so grateful for this loving community. Rock on, y'all! :) Much love and many blessings! :)

We're all taking steps every day that will lead to leaps and bounds.

No comments: