Tuesday, December 04, 2007

First Snow

There is nothing like the first snow of the year. It is just so beautiful, pure and white. I always marvel at it and simply have to be outside IN it! :)

That's how this past Sunday was for me. I awoke to find snowflakes drifting past my windows, and was absolutely delighted to see all the NY rooftops covered with white. It was a light dusting and wasn't rumored to stick, so I threw on my big coat and snowboots and went dashing through the snow. :)

My sweetheart and I gathered some pine boughs and wreaths for our apartment, courtesy of our favorite bodega/grocery/flower-stand. Then we hurried home as the snow was already turning to icy rain and spent the rest of the day decking our halls with holiday trimmings.

This weekend I also rehearsed my Singing Nun songs and scenes for the Bound for Broadway concert. It was great to get back into this character a year later. I've grown a lot since then and it was neat to discover some new things about Jeanine, the Singing Nun, and her experience with her world. Really cool stuff.

More to come!

No comments: