Friday, March 30, 2018

The March For Our Lives

Last weekend felt like the whole city of New York showed up to March for Our Lives. I knew so many friends and colleagues who were going, including people who were heading down to DC, and I wasn't going to miss it! If there's anything I've learned from people who've marched before me, it's that we must make a stand. I did it for the Women's March, and I was definitely marching for the kids.

I sprained my ankle a few days before, so I could only get so far. But I ran into my friend, Marta, and walked with her for 20 blocks. I took lots of pix, and marveled at the masses of people who kept moving towards the March. This was miles upon miles of people, and I couldn't get the song, "Found Tonight" out of my head.



My favorites were the Bubbes (Yiddish for Grandmothers). I heard one woman say, "I was out of town for the Women's March, so I couldn't miss this one!"


As I went home, I saw an old man with a cane. He was walking by a young man - his son? his grandson? - and he said, "See what people can do when they put their minds to it?"

No comments: