Friday, August 26, 2016

Pageant Princess the Musical

A few weeks ago, I saw a post for an audition about a new musical that looked hysterical! "What if Christopher Guest's classic Waiting for Guffman and the reality TV show Toddlers and Tiaras had a musical love child in Texas? Pageant Princess the Musical, that's what!"


Unfortunately, the audition slots were all taken, but the creative team wrote back to me and asked if I could come anyway, because they'd love to try to fit me in. Well, they sure did, and we had a blast! I made it through all the callbacks and got the gig!


Fast forward to this week and last week where we've been in rehearsals for the truncated version of the show. Each musical has to be cut to 23 minutes to fit into New York New Works Theatre Festival, which is hosting 49 mini musicals in 9 days.

We perform Wed. Aug, 31st at 7 PM at The Elektra Theatre, where I last played Judy Garland and Janis Joplin, and Lady Godiva in Hell's Belles

This time I'm Miss Clarabelle, the judge of the pageant:


My brother says I look like our great-aunt Gladys, who was quite a lady, so I'm going to take that as a compliment. :)

Tickets are $23, and the address is 300 W. 43rd Street on the 2nd floor.

The show has some improv elements, so if anyone wants to enroll as a prince or princess, we'll be taking submissions at the door. I can't wait to see your glamour and glitz!

See ya at the Pageant!





No comments: