Friday, March 18, 2016

Juggling Genres

While I've been in rehearsals for the Off Broadway "staged concert" for "Do Re Mi" (and let me tell you, this is no mere concert! It's ACTIVE theatre! We just have music and scripts in hand), I managed to squeeze in a film-shoot for Kara Herold's indie feature, 39 and 1/2. I played a motivational speaker, which Kara said was type-casting. ;)


We filmed at 80 St. Marks, an old theatre where I did a reading of  a new play by Michael Small a few years ago. Stephen Nachamie was the director, and he just made him Broadway debut with She Loves Me! Go, Stephen!


It was a blast to revisit the theatre, and especially, to film there! Kara's crew was marvelous! She even had me improvise a good chunk of the scene, which was SO fun!


Can't wait to see how it all turns out. :)

No comments: