Sunday, June 09, 2013

I love NY

The city is abuzz with the Tony's, and I'm loving it! As Neil Patrick Harris sang about the kids who watch the Tony's and sing along to every Broadway musical, I flashed back to watching the Tony's from my parents' TV in the little desert town of Hemet, CA, dreaming of making it in Manhattan. Now, my husband keeps telling me, I'm doing it! :)

This Tuesday I start rehearsals for the NY Musical Theatre Festival production of "Sasquatched! the Musical." I play Pat the Park Ranger. :)

My first experience with NYMF.org was a few years ago in "The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun," which ended up with me winning the award for Outstanding Individual Performance as the title character. It was so cool, and there were Tony Award winners up for the same honor as well!


As I grow in this community and see others I've worked with make their marks as well, I feel so thankful to be able to do this, to have the love and support of my husband, friends and family to keep on making strides. It is such a thrill to be making my dreams come true in this beautiful Big Apple!

No comments: