Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shark Week

When I was a kid and the theme to JAWS would come on TV, I would immediately leave the room. I was so afraid of even the thought of that great white shark! And now, I play a woman who falls in love with one in the musical version!

Cue Alanis Morrissette's "Isn't it ironic?" ;)

Sharks have been showing up everywhere for me ever since I started doing this show! People in NY are wearing shark shirts more often than not. There are shark bookmarks! Even while on vacation I saw a landshark someone had carved out of the sand!


It's been really cool actually. My husband has always liked sharks and would try to sneak on Shark Week whenever it was on the Discovery Channel. It's their 25th Anniversary, and it seems fitting that next week, I'll sing "At Night He Swims Home to Me" in honor of a shark. :)

 (JAWS cast: Me, John Flynn, Wayne Henry, Jason Salmon and Suzanne Stein)

No comments: