Thursday, September 22, 2011

Secret Identity

Do you ever feel like a superhero? I hope so!

Most of us juggle more than one job, and definitely play more than one role 
in our day-to-day lives.

I've felt a little bit like a superhero lately. By day, I work at an online advertising 
agency which is very flexible with my acting schedule. Its a great company 
and I am very aware of the particular role I play there.  
Then at night (and most days too), I fling off my glasses and become 
Actor Laura. This is a fulltime job too, made up of performances and 
all the work that goes into getting onstage including auditions, classes, 
homework, research, and constant practice, or rehearsal. Its a great gig 
and I love it! 

Sometimes I feel like Diana Prince, sneaking off to a hidden spot to twirl and become Wonder Woman. :) Both roles serve their purpose, and I enjoy the transformation. That's why I'm an actor in the first place.
Every weekend, through Oct. 2, I transform into 7 famous women from history and pop culture for the musical "Hell's Belles." Its a very fulfilling gig at HA Comedy Club's Midtown Theatre, and I love the people I work with. I am constantly refining my characterizations. Judy Garland in particular has been fascinating to research, and I'm so thankful for all the great YouTube clips of her work. There's a ton of great stuff online!  
But back to superheroes.
My husband is definitely one. All my friends and family are amazing, 
and I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by so much love and support. 

Hope you're feeling "super" today too. :)

No comments: