Thursday, August 25, 2011

On a Serious Note

I was shocked to learn that the NYPD, NYFD and EMTs who first responded to the 9/11 attacks have been asked to not attend the 10th Anniversary Ceremony next month. How is this possible?

I remember when it all happened. I live by The Met and was walking cross-town to go to work. Firetrucks and police cars were zooming by, heading downtown. This was before we knew what was really happening, and I thought, "Our guys will take care of this."

And they did what they could. My gosh, they did so much! They deserve to attend this 10th Anniversary Ceremony. They are the true heroes!

Please show your support and sign the petition to reverse this horrible decision:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/allow-911-first-responders-to-attend-10th-anniversary-ceremony/

Thank you.
Laura

No comments: