Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Going with The Flow

When I was a kid, my family would go camping with my aunt, uncle and 3 cousins. They had a truck with a camper-shell, and we had a bubble-top van. I was probably around 11 or 12, and it was such an adventurous time of life.


I'm thinking of it today because I have this wonderful "go with the flow" kind of feeling, and it makes me think of the time we went inner tubing down the Colorado River.


We all had our own black rubber inner tubes, and we'd carry them on our shoulders, hiking up the shore of the river to find a good spot to jump in.


The water was kind of green and it moved with a speed you couldn't see right away. But once you got into it... zoom! You're off!


We'd all keep close to each other even though the tubes weren't tied together. There was something so lovely about sitting in the tube, cruising down the river with speed and grace, and that's how I feel today. Like I'm moving along with (and towards) something incredible.


I have an audition later today and I'd like to keep enjoying the ride, you know? Just let go and say, "Whee!!!" :)

No comments: