Monday, January 26, 2009

Friends, Films, Family and Fun

While in the midst of working on my craft, it's always a joy to see others putting their art out into the world as well. There's something so inspiring about that, and there's this great sense of fellowship and community and artists supporting each other through the "birthing" process, getting a labor of love seen by the public at large.

My high school friend, Kara Herold, is bringing her documentary, "Bachelorette 34" to the Museum of Modern Art here in Manhattan next month, and I can't wait to see her and her film.

One reviewer said, "Forget five stars, this film deserves 34 stars...an exquisite, gem-quality of documation at its best.”

"Bacelorette 34" will be playing Friday, February 20 at 8:30pm in Titus 1 Sunday, February 22 at 1:30pm in Titus 2 at the MoMA.

Likewise, director Jonathan Betzler, whom I worked with at NYU on the 30 minute film, Sincerely Yours, is screening his feature film, "Homecoming" on Feb. 10th in New York City at 9pm at the Anthology Film Archives on the corner of 2nd Avenue and 2nd Street in NYC, featured by the New Filmmakers Series. I'm so excited for him and can't wait to see this film.


And then there's my little bro, Sean, playing with Hippie Cream at Juanita's Club Flotsam in LA. Wish I could be there!

They all inspire me to keep on with my craft, to enjoy the ride of each day and to embrace each opportunity we have to be creative.

Groove on, you all!

No comments: