Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Giving thanks

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving?

Now that the winter winds have blown into Manhattan and the stores are playing Christmas music, "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." And I don't mind that Christmas seems to be coming upon us so quickly. I love it. I love all the lights on the trees that line the streets. The ones in front of the Time Warner building across from Central Park are this bright silver blue, which is so pretty. And with the sun disappearing at 5 PM, we need some sparkle in our lives.

But first - Thanksgiving.
I love this time of year. Even though it's cold outside, hearts are warm with thoughts of family and friends. There is the sense of enjoying the harvest, and being grateful for it all!

I look back at this year of great change and am so thankful to the people who've helped to transform my life and my world: my sweetheart (now fiance), my "soul siblings" (friends who are like family) and family who are like friends (my brother is the coolest dude there is), teachers, guides, directors, casting directors, writers, producers, costumers, actors, artists, totally awesome techies, the co-workers at my day job who make me laugh and are so supportive of my acting work, doctors, dentists, masseuses, anyone who's taken time to make a compassionate connection. It's been a wild ride and I thank you all for sharing it with me.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: