Thursday, August 21, 2008

Seeing Stars

This has been a wild couple of months! Not only am I now engaged and sporting a big rock on my little finger which feels like a mini galaxy of stars on my left hand, but the past 2 shows I've done have brought some amazing Broadway stars across my path.

In May, I performed in the staged reading of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn with Emily Skinner, and my friend Kristine Zbornik brought Faith Prince with her to see the show! They sat right in the front row and the cast was agog! Faith Prince.... watching us??? She'd recently been nominated for the Tony Award for A Catered Affair, and there she was... in our audience! It was surreal.

Then last night, Donna Murphy came to see Kaboom! Our leading man, Ray Wills, worked with Ms. Murphy on Broadway in Wonderful Town, and I've been a fan of her work on stage and screen for years!


I'm astounded that these incredible Broadway stars, all of whom I've admired for years, have come to see shows I'm performing in this year! It makes me realize how truly communal and supportive the theatre world really is. I've seen their work and now they're seeing mine. It is beyond cool!

No comments: