Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kickin into High Gear

You know that feeling when you're shifting gears on a car and you're about to go faster? It's especially exciting when you're driving a stickshift, but even with an automatic, you can feel the transition of gears, and there's this thrill of speeding ahead. I feel like that with my life right now, that I've got my hand on the stickshift and I'm shifting into high gear! Woo!

A lot of people have been asking me about Broadway Idol, and while I didn't make the next round, I've run into a lot of friends who said they had trouble voting or that they never received confirmation that their vote went through. Another Idol contestant whom I ran into at an audition mentioned that his entourage had the same problem, and it surprised me that he didn't make the next round either, because he was really good too, so I'm guessing the process was a bit buggy. All in all, I felt good about my song, worked with wonderful directors and producers, received great feedback from the judges, and have been approached by several new folks who wanted to tell me how much they enjoyed my performance. Also, there's been an outpouring of love and encouragement from my friends and family all over the country who couldn't make the show. So it's all good.

Now shifting into high gear....

I was called in for the new musical Wine Lovers, and get this: the director is Holly Anne Ruggiero, who was one of the judges for the intial Broadway Idol audition. She was such a doll to work with and called me back for the final auditions for Wine Lovers. Today was dancing, singing, reading more scenes. It all felt really good, so keep your fingers crossed! :)

I also booked a voice over for a short film, Coyote, and I did that recording yesterday. So much fun! We spent hours trying the scene in all sorts of ways. It'll be fun to see what the director decides to use for the final cut. Will it be my smokey, sultry voice or my Valley Girl voice? LOL

More stops along the way: I had an interview with an agent, and that was really lovely. Some strong possibilities there. I'm also prepping for a song presentation at BMI for Andy Monroe's next project, The Kid, and I'm just enjoying this wonderful life ride, meeting other people and diggin it that we all have a part to play in this multi-facted gem of a business. So cool.

Zooming off into the sunset. Catch ya later!

No comments: