Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Life in a suitcase

This past week makes me think of Judy Garland's song, "Born in a Trunk" from a "Star is Born," because I've been living out of my suitcase. Not only that, but I had 3 separate bags for 3 specific events.
One was for the closing show for JAWS the Musical, filled with my costume, props and gifts for the cast. We had a blast of a last show. Thanks to everyone who came and caught that wave! ;)


The 2nd bag was for a quick trip to PA to celebrate my father-on-law's 70th birthday. I had sent pictures to my sister-in-law for a slideshow of his life, and I tell ya, that was something to see! 70 years in pictures! Amazing! I hope I live so long! :)


The 3rd bag was filled with my "punk" gear for a sold out invite-only concert of the new pop musical, "How To Marry a Divorced Man."I played Glenda, a punk rocker juggling motherhood and trying to revive her career. It was incredibly fun! We performed at the National Arts Club in Gramercy Park, and I felt a little bit like Lisbeth Salander, walking around this very rich museum, dressed as a punk rocker.


At last I'm home again, very happy from my travels, looking forward to the next adventure! :)


No comments: