Sunday, September 16, 2012

Busy Weeks Ahead!

I thought last week was busy with 2 shows, an audition for Educating Rita for Florida Rep, a voice over class and juggling work.

This week and next will be just as full! I've got a video game voice over class with Kim Graham at Judy Henderson Casting. SO MUCH FUN! I have to edit the clips before posting, but I've played everything from a sassy southern waitress to a perky tennis player and a hard-core German DJ named Helga. ;)

JAWS the Musical swims off into the sunset this Friday at 6:30 at the Broadway Comedy Club. While Amity Island closes up for the winter, we're hoping to expand this show's running time and horizons. I'm planning on recording my big power ballad from the show sometime this Fall / Winter.


Over the weekend, I'm celebrating my father-in-law's 70th birthday. I keep thinking of 70 years, ya know? Living one's life. He has great kids, amazing grandkids, and has helped to shape all our lives through his quiet strength and boisterous humor. I'm looking forward to celebrating with him!

Then on Monday, I play Glenda, an ex-punk rocker trying to revive her career while juggling motherhood in the new musical by Clare Cooper and Bryan D. Leys, "How to Marry a Divorced Man."

We're doing a private reading at The National Arts Club at 15 Gramercy Park South. If you'd like to inquire about seats, contact Tweiss Productions at tweissprods@aol.com. 

It's a very fun show about people looking for love. The music is an upbeat RnB rock 'n roll flavor with some delicious pop ballads. I get to do a "punk ballad" called "Work," which is a fast-paced rant about my ex-husband being a workaholic, and then I've got this groovy little number called, "I'm Not You," where my character compares herself to her ex's latest flame.

I have a blast playing Glenda, because I get to bring out my inner punk rocker, pink hair and all. I scoop it up into a faux hawk for the show, but the Katy Perry look works too. :)

No comments: