Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

This year, Gratitude has been such a front and center state of mind, and I am so very thankful for the people in my life who make the world so beautiful.

My husband wakes me up every day with laughter and love. It is truly the best way to start the day. I don't know what I'd do without him. He shares my highs and lows every day, and I am so thankful for him!


I'm also incredibly blessed in my friends and family. My brother, Sean, is one of my very best friends. He's a drummer in CA, and gets the business aspect of show business as well as the artistry, and helps me keep both in balance. I've always said that watching him play the drums is like watching a great painter paint.


Then I have my "soul siblings": Carl, Michael, Lisa, Lani, Ataman, Jayne, Maryanne, and Tina, whom I chat with almost every day. Tina keeps me plugging away when I have my challenging days and reminds me to celebrate each step of the journey.

I feel so fortunate to have performed with and formed friendships with artists like Tracey Gilbert, Omri Schein, Deb Radloff, Billy Hicks, Michelle Liu, Wayne Henry, John Haggerty, Martin Sola, Gina Milo, Billy Konsoer, Prescott Seymour, Richard Binder, Monica McCarthy and so many other incredible casts and crews.

Thanks to the terrifically talented people who hired me to sing their music this year like Andy Monroe, Clare Cooper and Larry Moore. My musical world is so much richer because of you!

I'm thankful for my teachers - Josh Pais, Alaine Alldaffer, Karen Kohlhaas, Chas Elliot, VP Boyle, Carl Danielsen, Seth Weinstein, Marcia Cloyd, Winnie Hammond and coaches from my distant past - whose lessons continue to inform my work as an actress and singer.


I am thankful to my parents were my first teachers and made it so I could pursue all my artistic studies as a kid.


They are still so supportive with my acting and have made a few trips out to NY to see my shows. I love that!

I am thankful to have worked with amazing directors like BT McNicholl, Jonathon Robinson, Kurt Stamm, Michael Schiralli, Dan Wackerman, Daniel Maggio, Brian Swasey, Dennis Anderson, to name a few... musical directors like Jeffrey Campos, Robby Stamper, Matthew Ward... writers like Michael Small, Blair Fell, Bryan D. Leys; and producers like George DeMarco and David Gerard and Eileen and Sharon of Tweiss Productions.

Thanks to Facebook for connecting me to people from grade school to high school and the casts and crews I've worked with throughout the years. I am thankful for you all.

And thanks to everyone who's inspired me and encouraged me to shine my light and keep on making my dreams come true. Much love and many blessings to you all!
Laura

No comments: