Monday, July 08, 2013

An Original New Musical: Sasquatched!

When I first came to New York, it was my goal to perform in original, new plays and musicals. As I look back on my career here, I am delighted to realize I have done exactly that!

I'm adding another new show to my resume with the NY Musical Theatre Festival Production of "Sasquatched! The Musical!" Rehearsals have been an incredible experience, working with such a superbly talented cast and crew. To quote my character, Pat the Park Ranger, "It takes a village!"

We rehearsed with the band today, and it was such a rush to hear the electric guitar and feel the beat of the drums. Talk about rock 'n roll! Can't wait to share all this with an audience!

The story is about a gentle sasquatch named Arthur who finds a lost boy in the woods and encounters a crazy bunch of characters (cast below). At times it's like a giant cartoon, but there's also a strong heart beneath the humor, and I've found myself in tears in various scenes. I hope audiences will love it as much as we do.


We open at The Pearl Theatre Company's PTC Performance Space on 555 West 42nd Street.

Tuesday, Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Wednesday, Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:00 pm
Saturday, Jul 13th, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Saturday, Jul 13th, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Sunday, Jul 14th, 2013 at 11:00 am 

Hope to see you there! :)

Tix are $25 and can be found via the link to NYMF below:
http://www.nymf.org/tickets/2013-events/sasquatched-musical/

No comments: