Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life is a Cabaret, Old Chum

Last week, I had the pleasure of performing in Dana Lorge's Wednesday Night Cabaret at The Iguana. I sang "Let's Sing 'em All," the Judy Garland song from Hell's Belles, the show I'm doing every Saturday and Sunday night at HA! Comedy Club. One of my producers, Eileen Weiss, captured this clip.


Dana Lorge hosted the evening and she was a delight! Such a funny lady!


There was a fabulous woman named Rita  who sang "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby?" She was phenomenal! And then there was Cassie Hohn, who previewed some of the songs from her show, Bathing in Bette. She pays tribute to Bette Midler and her early material, but does it with her own sense of style and sass. Cassie absolutely rocked the joint!


She's performing 9/30 at Don't Tell Mama's, and I wish I could catch her, but I'll be in rehearsals for another gig. My plate is filling up! :)

And it makes me realize that you have to sing and dance and play while you can. "Life is a cabaret, old chum. Come to the cabaret! Come taste the wine, come hear the band! Come blow your horn, start celebrating! Right this way! Your table's waiting." :)

No comments: