Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer Reading

This summer has been like a mini play fest for me. As I've prepped for auditions, I've had this voracious appetite for plays, new and old, and I've thoroughly been enjoying each and every one of them!


There have been so many yummy new plays published, and if I couldn't find them at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts...


I'd go to The Drama Book Shop on 250 West 40th Street.


These are two of my favorite places in Manhattan anyway. Both hold a treasure trove of info, and everyone is so helpful!

The library is especially wonderful for having a great musical catalogue. You can find almost any sheet music you need for musical auditions.

There have been some really cool dramatic auditions coming up, and I've been on the lookout for 2 new plays: Indoor /Outdoor by Kenny Finkle and In the Next Room by Sarah Ruhl. I ordered Indoor/Outdoor from The Drama Book Shop and they thanked me for alerting them to it since regional auditions were coming up for the play, and they wanted to have it in stock. I'd done my research and knew the auditions were coming up - hence, my desire to read the play. And it was such a treat! Wonderful play about a cat who is raised indoors and wants to go explore the outside world. Really lovely play!

Now I'm off to the gym, and I'll be bringing along In The Next Room with me.

Always an adventure!

No comments: