Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Darkest before the Dawn

I am known for my positive attitude. It's where I prefer to keep my head, ya know? But every once in a while, I'll get a challenging day or week, and it feels like moving through a muddy river. Yuck!

Luckily, I had an epiphany this morning about how "negative" experiences can shine the light on what we want to change in our lives. When we know what we
don't want, we can then identify what we do want, and that's an important head-spin. You need that guiding light, that focus of what to move towards, of embracing what makes you happy.

It makes me think of that old phrase, "It's always darkest before the dawn."


I've been in those dark places, but now all I can see are the gorgeous colors of the pink and golden dawn.

When we let go, when we try new things and take a chance, we are able to get out of our own way and enjoy the ride. I see this in acting class all the time, and it's magic! When we are open to it, wonderful things happen.

No comments: