Thursday, July 16, 2009

Emmy nods

This Spring I studied the art of the TV audition (or TV Bootcamp) with the marvelous Ross Meyerson at One on One Productions, and it was an awesome class. Ross came from a background in theatre and I loved his take on the acting process and the TV audition. It was akin to what I'm learning with Karen Kohlhaas at The Atlantic Acting School, and I just love when things jive like that! It's like driving down a road with a bunch of green lights.


When I went on Facebook this morning, there was the joyous news that Ross was nominated for an Emmy Award with Julie Tucker for Outstanding Casting of a Drama Series. Woo hoo!

Can't wait to see what happens next year when Nurse Jackie is in the running. I love that show! And it's yet another great gig that Ross was involved with as far as casting. Rock on!

It's funny. With most award nominations, a lot of folks focus on their favorite actor or actress, but there are so many people involved in the process of making a show happen, and it's wonderful to see everyone get some kudos.

Congratulations to all of the nominees!

No comments: