Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

A lot of people ask me, "Do you miss CA?" Like they're wondering why I would come to New York and leave the land of palm trees and orange groves. But I have always been drawn to the dark, mysterious east. Except for days like today when the temperature hovers around 9 degrees... that's when I really miss CA.Of course, I miss my friends and family in CA all year round. I had such a blast visiting them for the New Year. Something I particularly tried to do on this last trip was to visit local shops in town that are unique. My Mom turned me onto this little coffee shop that appeared before Starbucks came to my small hometown. It's called the Ya Ya's Coffee Shop, and I'm glad to see it's still alive and kicking. How cool is it that they did The Vagina Monologues last year? The place is really hip and perfect for intimate live performances like that.

They also make AWESOME "fluffy coffees." I had one called The Peppermint Patty and it was deee-lish!
My little bro, Sean, came with me and was diggin' the painted walls inside.The Ya Ya's Coffee house is located at 312 N San Jacinto St./Hemet, CA if you're in the mood for something groovy.

Support your local small business! :)

No comments: