Friday, August 01, 2008

Small World, Isn't It?

The more I work in this biz the more I'm amazed how everyone knows each other. I did a recording for the new musical Vienna on Wednesday with Chip Fabrizi of PPI Recording. I mentioned the new show I'm doing, Kaboom! and Chip said he had worked with my director BT McNicholl on the recording of the Off Broadway show The It Girl, which BT directed and co-authored with Kaboom's writer Michael Small.

My Vienna and Hell's Belles composer, Steve Liebman, worked with my Kaboom leading man, Ray Wills.

And I discovered that the Cherry Lane Theatre, where we'll be performing Kaboom next Saturday has been the venue for so many artists! From writers like F. Scott Fitzgerald, Comden & Green, Gertrude Stein, David Mamet, and Sam Shepherd to illustrious actors and directors like Barbra Streisand, Gene Hackman, John Malkovich, Gary Sinise.... and now me! :)

This almost feels like the 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game! :)

OMG! Kevin Bacon worked at the Cherry Lane Theatre!

That is too funny!

I feel like I've got a rocket on my back. I'm on my way!

No comments: