Thursday, October 25, 2007

How to Help CA Wildfire Survivors

With the horrors of the CA wildfires emblazoned on TV and computer screens and newspapers, I cannot help but feel a terrible disquiet and desperate need to help the state I grew up in. My adopted Grandma Leta used to live in Escondido where tons of homes were destroyed. I have friends and family in San Diego, San Bernadino and Riverside Counties, and my brother lives in Santa Clarita above Magic Mountain where fires raged as well. Miraculously, all of these people were unharmed, but I doubt that any of us were unaffected.

If someone you know has been affected, or if you just want to help, please investigate the many Red Cross stations or donate to Red Cross directly and there's also America's Second Harvest. I wish I could fly out there right now to wrap them all in a big hug.

Thank you to the brave firefighters, volunteer firemen, National Guard, Marines and other military officers who have fought these fires, and thank you to the incredible volunteers who have been striving to comfort the evacuees. An abundance of blessings, love and support to you all!

No comments: