Monday, October 22, 2007

Attitude of Gratitude

It's not Thanksgiving yet, but I had to blog about this today: the attitude of gratitude. Bonnie Gillespie started it with her "I'd like to Thank the Academy" column this week, and I had to accept her challenge. There are so many people who inspire me and rock my world with their kindness, love, friendship, and wisdom. First, there's my guy, Rob, who has been with me on this wild ride since we met in the Shakespeare troupe for the PA Renaissance Faire many moons ago. To quote Jessica Rabbit, "He makes me laugh," and that is one of the greatest gifts ever! There are my soul sisters, the ever essential Tina on the East Coast and Lisa and her family in the West; my real-life couldn't wait until he was born brother, Sean (drummer man for SMUG and Hippie Cream); my "book brothers" and NY family, Carl and Michael and shaman Ataman; my Mom, who always taught me to live life to the fullest; Dad, Lani and John and Johnny Rocket; the Catawissa crew, Mark Sikes and his Casting Corner (actors take heed!), my Singing Nun and Lucky Stiff (MSW and APAC) peeps, all casts and crews actually, Wendy-bird, classmates, teachers like VP Boyle and Marcia Cloyd; writers who make me thrill to read their works, casting directors who've been kind and encouraging in auditions, directors who've helmed projects magnificently and the producers who've produced them; and to all those folks who inspire with kindness, strength of spirit, empowerment and compassion. Thank you for your gifts of friendship, love and insight.

1 comment:

Tina Sams said...

What a grat collage! We should all make such a thing, so that if we ever need a smile all we need to do is look to the people we love - right there.
Thank goodness we all have YOU!