Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What a wonderful world

It has been such an interesting month! February is known for being one of the coldest months of the year, but I have felt such a great deal of warmth and friendship and creativity.

I started the New Year with VP Boyle's Pop Rock Workshop. One of our first assignments was to create a journal and have fun decorating it. So I brought out my old paintsets and started crafting! I tell you, I felt like I was 5 years old! It was such a joyful experience, and every time I've taken this notebook out to write in it, I've felt fabulously creative!

Ironically following this positive pulse, a lot of cool projects have been coming my way. A friend asked if I'd sing the lead role in a demo for a new musical, and a producer I met from the NYMF Awards Gala has asked me to workshop another new musical.

Last night, I performed in Astoria's Playmaking Program, and the producer Taryn Drongowski already asked if I could take part in the next series. It was so much fun! The plays were written by Horace Greeley middle school students, and various actors and directors with a wealth of Broadway, Off Broadway and regional theatre experience helped bring the plays to life.

The young writers were brought onstage and sat in a director's chair while we performed their plays. You had to see the smiles on their faces! All of the kids were simply beaming and everyone had fun! There was lots of laughter and such a sense of goodwill and kindness. It was a pleasure to be a part of it.

1 comment:

G said...

Rock on Laura!

Greg