Wednesday, February 07, 2007

4 auditions in one day! Gotta love it!

I remember when I first moved to the city, and I'd be in line, waiting all day to be seen for one audition, and I'd hear other actors talking about all the auditions they had lined up for the day, and I'd think, How can they do all that in one day?

Well, I now relish the opportunity to go from one audition to another.

On Monday morning, I started at the Actors Equity building and sang for Musicals Tonight. Then I changed into a stunning red dress and boogied down to the Hilton Theatre to audition for "Young Frankenstein." I jumped back into my uggs (it was 10 degrees, remember) and I trekked down to another studio to audition for "Xanadu." I've been taking a Pop/Rock workshop, so I was prepped with fun material for this upcoming Broadway show. Soon it was after 1 PM, and I had an appointment in Chelsea for the new rock version of "Carmen," so I hopped the subway and cruised down to the studios. I did another quick change into jeans and a sexy black top, and I was ready to ROCK! My audition ended at 3 with the creative team applauding for me above their heads like it was a rock concert. That felt GREAT!

And today I hit two auditions: one for the upcoming musical of Shrek and the other was a dramatic audition for The Women's Project. And I received great response from both! I feel so much freer in my auditions now, I feel good about my work, and I sense that I'm making an impact. People are really responding to my work and it feels fabulous!

And I used to wonder how it was done. :)

No comments: