Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The New York Musical Theatre Awards Gala is this Sunday night, and I am so excited!!!

It is just incredible, knowing that I am going to be meeting some of the best and brightest people who make theatre happen on Broadway. Sutton Foster, Beth Leavel and Bob Martin from "The Drowsy Chaperone" will be there. And Broadway producer Kevin McCollum is the guest of honor.

To top it all off, I will be receiving the NYMF Award of Excellence for Outstanding Individual Performance for my role in "The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun." I am just amazed and incredibly honored.

The show received photo coverage on BroadwayWorld.com and there were some lovely reviews.

This whole experience feels like a dream come true, and it is! It is such a joyous time!

I've been running around Manhattan, consulting friends on what to wear for the gala, and the support and encouragement have been wonderful! I feel so blessed to have this extended family of friends watching out for me, sharing this wild ride with me.

It is only the beginning. :)

1 comment:

Tina Sams said...

I saw on The View the other day that there is a new reality show where one of the van taxis is really a show, and you win by picking that cab. It made me think how cool it would have been if that had happened on the night of the awards ceremony.
So.... show us the dress :-D.