Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Secret Garden

I got a callback for the role of Martha in the musical, "The Secret Garden" at the Astoria Performing Arts Center, and I'm so excited to go in and read for this role for the creative team working on this show.

It's such a beautiful musical, and if anything, I'm thankful that this experience has taken me back to the original novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.


I'm in the midst of it, and it's so fitting with the awakening of Spring in the city. The birds are singing. "In th' flower gardens... things will be stirrin' down below in th' dark. Th' sun's warmin' 'em. You'll see bits o' green spikes stickin' out o' th' black earth... They'll poke up a bit higher here... and uncurl a leaf this day..."


I feel a bit like these spring flowers, growing strong, soon to blossom.

No comments: