Sunday, November 20, 2011

Maybe This Time

I start rehearsals this week for a staged reading of new play called, Maybe This Time. It's a romantic comedy about a Liza Minnelli impersonator on a quest to find true love. I play his best friend, Mona, who's a Bette Midler impersonator, and she is full of sass - just like the real Miss M!

One of the favorite pix of Bette

I'm so excited to take on the role! Ever since I got the job, I've been watching YouTube clips of the Divine Miss M's work, and now I'm gonna gauge her on the big screen. I've downloaded a bunch of her movies on Netflix, and I'll catch the HBO presentation again of her fabulous show, "The Showgirl Must Go On."


I'd love to see her live! My friend, Michael, and I often talk about going to Vegas to see her, because she puts on an incredible show!

In the meantime, thank goodness for technology! It definitely makes my homework of watching her work much easier. :)


So while I get Miss M's vocal and physical charms down, I'm also working on the script which is really fun! A lot of humor and heart, and the characters are so well drawn.

I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the cast. It should be a blast!

The staged reading of Maybe This Time will be held Dec. 5th at 7 PM at a TBD theatre in midtown. Details to come!

No comments: