Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hell's Belles Ride Again!

A few years ago, I performed in a concert called "Bound for Broadway." I sang a few songs from The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun, and the director of the concert, John Znidarsic, asked if I'd audition for a new show he was working on called Hell's Belles.


The show is a musical comedy about a cabaret in hell. The cast consists of one devilish MC and 3 actresses who play some of the most infamous women in history and pop culture. We play about 20 characters total, and it's an absolute blast! Crazy costumes, quick changes, social satire, and some lovely tunes!


I play Lady Godiva (above), Salome, Janis Joplin, Joan Crawford, Alice B. Toklas, Guenevere, and Judy Garland, to name a few.


Janis and Judy are my favorites by far, though I truly love all the characters I get to play.They're all unique!

I've been with this show through a few incarnations. The first presentation was at the West End Theatre on 86th Street. And last year, we did an informal presentation at HA! Comedy Club, which is where we'll be performing again this year.


Tonight is the first music rehearsal, and I'm looking forward to diving into the music again. The first rehearsal for any show always feels magical. :)

Hell's Belles will be running in The Midtown Theatre at HA! Comedy Club on Saturdays and Sundays at 5 PM, starting September 10th.

Hope to see you there! :)

No comments: