Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Full Plate

What's your favorite meal? Many of my friends say Thanksgiving dinner, because it's such a fun, full time of feasting on their favorite dishes. And while we have a month or two to go before we get to Thanksgiving, I feel like my acting career is mirroring this time of Plenty. My plate is filling up nicely with so many delicious projects, and of course, there's always room for more! ;)


I'm recording a song for a major project on Monday. Don't know how much I can say about it, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm also working on material for classes and auditions. I have a "table reading" of a new musical coming up in October, another major recording in November, and I'm researching a project for 2011, which is not far off!

While juggling all this, I've been so fortunate to be supported by friends, family, and by my wonderful husband, who's been so amazing through this time of growth and transition.


Messages of love and support abound! The best advice I've received is "You are you, and that is enough."

I think any artist worries about being/doing "enough," and it's important to realize that whatever we bring to the table is truly good enough.


Still, like any chef, athlete or artisan, I continue to work on my craft each day, nurturing myself and striving to do my best every day. It's wonderful to stretch and grow along the way! I'm never one to rest on my laurels, and I embrace this time! I am enough!

No comments: