Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ready to ROCK!

With summer at full sizzle, I've found myself catching up on some summer movies.

Like Anchorman.


I'd only seen snippets of it before and never really "got" it until I saw the film in its entirety. And believe me, Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 News Team (brilliantly played by Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, and David Koechner) need to be seen in their entirety! ;) They charmed the pants off me and Christina Applegate! ;)

Then my husband and I caught Taking Woodstock on Cinemax and absolutely LOVED it!


I've always been a fan of director Ang Lee, and I felt he captured the look and feel of that era beautifully!


The cast was phenomenal! Anything with Eugene Levy, Imelda Staunton, and Liev Schriber is pretty delicious in my book!

I swear, Liev Schriber is like a young Orson Welles. He just raises the talent bar with everything he does! Such an inspiration! His cross-dressing ex-marine named "Vilma" in Taking Woodstock is pretty mind-blowing.

And newer stars like Demetri Martin, Jonathan Groff, Mamie Gummer, Emile Hirsch and Kelli Garner (whom I loved in Lars and the Real Girl) added such vibrant beauty to the piece.

Now I'm getting ready to jump into my own psychedelic film! My brother drums for the band Hippie Cream, and they have been collaborating with young filmmaker, Daniel Philip Maggio, for the past year on an independent feature film called Marty's Magnificent Day-Glo Dream-a-thon.


Hippie Cream wrote the concept album, and the film is about a young man who undertakes risky dream therapy to save his grandfather's life. I play Marty's Mom in his first dream about his childhood, and I'm psyched to jump into her shoes because she is the perfect, protective, party-throwing mama! :)


They've been in production for a few weeks, and I join the cast and crew this weekend. Can't wait!

No comments: