Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dreams and a Movie

I dreamt last night that I was Queen Elizabeth I of Renaissance England, which was pretty cool considering I played the queen for an event quite a few years ago.


The Queen was known to go "on progress," to travel about her country and see her people. An acting company I worked for incorporated this into corporate feasts whereupon the Queen would meet local companies. It was a fun job, and I took great delight in being the queen.

I was likened to Bette Davis, swagger and all! :)


In last night's dream, I felt incredibly strong as the Queen, and ironically, I was "on progress," which seems like a good sign.

Speaking of dreams, I just got back from filming a scene for Marty's Magnificent Day-Glo Dreamathon. The cast is mainly from Hemet, CA, and the director is a student at UC San Jose. The film is based on the concept album by Hippie Cream, and the band plays a key role in the film.

I play Marty's Mom in one of the dream sequences, and it was such a blast to join the cast and crew. They'd been filming for a few weeks, and their energy was still wonderfully fun and focused. Great combo!

I also got to hang out with my brother (above), who's the drummer for Hippie Cream. Everyone was simply so cool. It was one of the best film shoots I've been on.

A good time was definitely had by all!

No comments: