Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Wow Factor Continues

How cool is this? I just found out I'm going to be playing Janis Joplin in the new musical, Hell's Belles. I am beyond thrilled to say the least. Janis is one of my absolute favorites! She was truly unique, a rock n roll pioneer and beacon of inspiration. I am so psyched to get into her psychadelic groove.

I also had a neat growth spurt today. I've been working on music for the upcoming audition for Jerry Springer the Opera, soon to play at Carnegie Hall. The call is for a woman who can belt to the heavens, and the gal who set the bar was an Australian singer named Alison Jier. She belts a high G# (sharp) which is super super high. So I've been working on it, because I belt a G in my rendition of "Piece of My Heart" (another nod to Janis). Well, today, while working on "Once Upon a Time" from Brooklyn the Musical, which ends on a G#, I hit that high note. Hit it and didn't hurt myself, which is an accomplishment. :) Just let it ride.

Feel like I'm bustin' loose!

No comments: