Thursday, November 29, 2007

Busy!!!

The holidays always feel like a whirlwind, but this year in particular my schedule is jam-packed with gigs, and I am loving it!

Tonight I'm singing a song from The Kid by Andy Monroe and Jack Lechner for the BMI (Broadcast Music Inc) "Smoker." This workshop showcases new writers and their works and has that whole "about to ignite" factor. Very cool.

I'm just jazzed to be singing music I really love. Andy's tunes have this way of getting into your heart and mind and they're so much FUN! This song from The Kid is called "Deep Process" and it's about a lesbian couple exploring the process that goes into any important decision (like having a baby). It's really funny and can be applied to any couple in the midst of those big life lessons.

The music is in the realm of The Indigo Girls meet Melissa Ethridge. And I love that I get to let my growly rock side out. ROAR! :)

Then after "The Smoker," I head to Jen Rudolph's Film/TV workshop for our showcase with NBC casting director Katja Blichfeld. I have a scene from 30 Rock, and it's really fun and funny.

Seems to be the theme of the day. :)

No comments: