Saturday, January 20, 2007

I just got back from CA a few weeks ago and a friend of mine was asking me how the trip went. Well, it was lovely. The weather was perfect! Sunny Southern CA can be so glorious at times! And I had a great visit with my family. It's always so cool, knowing that my acting career will usually bounce me around between the two coasts where I have so much love waiting for me. And that got me to thinking about all the love and support I have in my life. I have people cheering me on each day as I work towards my goals, and I'm cheering for them right back!

In CA, there's my brother, Sean, who is an incredible drummer. He had broken his hand before Christmas, but instead of that deterring his career, everyone was comparing him to the one armed drummer from Def Leopard, and Sean's students (he teaches drums while he gigs) were in awe of his ability to play one-handed. "You're amazing!" one student said, and indeed, she hit the nail on the head.

My little brother amazes and inspires me. He really makes magic happen with his drums and I can see as well as hear his artistry when he plays. Truly incredible.

I also saw my parents. My Dad and his wife picked me up in San Diego and we had the yummy treat of spending the day at the beach. What a way to start the New Year!



I also had a lovely visit with my Mom and her friend Kathy. They had both come to NY to see me in "The Tragic and Horrible Life of the Singing Nun," and it was great to see them again, to share in laughter and love, to talk over happy memories and to get excited about future possibilities.

It's neat to see my family growing as individuals and to feel the love when we all come together. We all learn from each other and I feel like I make so many discoveries every time I go West. :)

1 comment:

Tina Sams said...

LOVE the picture of Sean! Of course the beach and the blue skies weren't bad either. Good to have you back east, though!