Monday, September 10, 2018

The 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Harry Potter was first published in America.

I remember seeing the book on a friend's desk and asking her about it, because who wouldn't be fascinated by the picture of a boy on a broom?


 She told me it was Harry Potter, and so I picked up a copy myself. This is before Pottermania took over the world, and JK Rowling's book felt like a secret treasure I'd just discovered.

I've got a first edition hard cover, but not a first printing, so it's value is whatever I assign to it: priceless! :)

This year, I had 2 friends whisk me off on Harry Potter-styled adventures: Kacey Camp, who plays a Wand Keeper at Ollivanders in Hogsmeade invited my husband and I to join her for a day, and my friend, Fern Lim, whom I worked with on the web series, Human Telegraphs, saw my post about going to Hogsmeade and invited me to catch Harry Potter and The Cursed Child with her.

So you could say I've been celebrating Harry's 20th Anniversary all year!

No comments: